Wednesday, October 20, 2010

We Do It For The Scars And Stories, Not The Fame.

So B block is finally coming to an end.
I can't be more excited!
Dreading finals though.
I'm trying not to put too much pressure on myself though.
I can do this.

Chef Briggs, my Product Knowledge professor said another thing today, I will never forget.
It was like her final words of wisdom to us:
"...If it's hard, then work harder. Never quit. Never give up. Keep going. If you work hard enough, you can amount to anything. Look at me. I was told by a professor that I would never amount to anything. I attended a small two year program at a culinary school when I wanted to go to the CIA but my parents couldn't afford it because I had 7 brothers and sisters. But I worked very hard to get where I am and look at me now, I am teaching at the best culinary institute in the world..."


I went to a meeting tonight with Steph.
It was about Food Styling.
The person speaking was named Delores Custer.
She is a Internationally recognized Food Stylist
She has worked with Gourmet, Bon Appetit, Women's Day, Fine Cooking, Chocolatier magazines and also different commercials and movies.
She was really fascinating to listen to.
I got a lot out of it.
I would really like to get her book: Food Styling: The Art of Preparing Food for the Camera
Its orange and it has a ginormous sandwich on the cover.
Hint hint.
Ha ha.


I have some food for thought here for you:
Is it possible to like being around someone and like talking to them and all that jazz, but the second they walk away or leave your line of vision you start disliking them?
Not because of them really. You like them. But it's actually their actions and what they say that turn you off? But then they will become a hypocrite and do something so kind and nice that you start to like them again..
It's like one giant circle.
Am I making any sense?

1 comment:

  1. The title of this is so true
    also you can get through these finals EASYYY
    and lastly, I love being in your blogs =D

    ReplyDelete