Tuesday, October 26, 2010

Feet Fail Me Not.

Today was interesting.
Interesting in the way that I don't honestly care what a whole lamb looks like hanging and skinned.
With it's eyeballs still intact..
Yeah.
Meat ID and Fabrication was today, obviously.
I got to use my knives and cut big chucks of meat up.
It was satisfying in a way that I can't describe properly without sounding sort of like a maniac.
Or a total nerd.
Interchangeable really.

I was a total wreck before class today.
I was buggin.
I literally was running around my room trying to make sure I had everything I needed for class today and freaking out if I couldn't find it.
My hands were shaking.
I couldn't relax.
My shoes felt alternately too tight and too loose.
But what calmed me down was kinda silly, now that I think back on it.
I had Steph's ID in my pocket, so it was like she was there the entire time.
She had let me borrow it so I could print out stuff at the library and I hadn't gotten the chance to bring it back to her before class.
And I talked to Chip briefly when I went to lunch with Christian.
It's always so awesome to see him.
I am between Katherine and Devin in the meat room.
Christian is next to Devin.
I'm so happy to be surrounded by such nice and friendly people.

Bad news.
I haven't been able to pick up any of my mail because the mail room office has been closed.
I have two beautiful packages waiting for me now.
I'm excited.
But it's like a mini Christmas.
I know they are there.
They are for me.
But I can't see/touch/shake them.
Such a tease.

My feet hurt the most.
My lower back is at a very close second.
I am currently sitting in my bed, my feet propped up, in leggings and my white undershirt.
Life is good.
Hopefully I'll make it to Gourmet Society tonight.

Time for homework...

Knife Casualties: 0

2 comments: