Friday, November 26, 2010

There Is No One Alive That Is Youer Than You.

Yesterday was Thanksgiving.
It was delicious as always and I made potato leek soup for the family.
The only thing really missing was my mother and grandfather.
My mother is in Vancouver and my Grandfather is in Heaven.
It made it not really feel like Thanksgiving.
I miss my friends and CIA, but I'm really happy to be home and just have my space.
I think everyone is really happy to have their own breathing room for a little while.
It's not a bad thing to crave space.
Too much togetherness can really damage a friendship.

The Turkey bowl was awesome.
I got to see Ashleigh and Emaly.
I missed them like crazy.
I had Miranda tackle me in a bear hug.
And I saw someone I didn't really wanna see or talk to.
I did both.
Not really of my own will, but because they kinda sneak attacked me.

I talked to people from CIA last night.
I miss them.
It's getting easier everyday to be myself around people and not just my roommates/friends.
I know that sounds sort of awkward.
Why wouldn't you be yourself around people?
I guess I'm scared in a way.
Well not scared, just a little guarded.
It's a self preservation sort of thing.
If they dislike who they see on the surface before I truly open up, that means they only dislike half of me and not all of me.
Hope that makes some amount of sense.
All that needs to be known really is that I'm starting to drift away from this sort of attitude.
And I couldn't be happier.

What I'm thankful for:
- An Education and living out my dream.
- Awesome friends who I was fortunate enough to stumble upon.
- Good food all day, everyday.
- My family and how honestly chill everyone is.
- My beagle, Scarlett, who is getting on in age but has decided to hang in there.
- And of course reliable internet. (if only just for this weekend)

p.s. Cream of Broccoli soup that I made on Wednesday

No comments:

Post a Comment