Tuesday, May 31, 2011

Castle In The Sky

My favorite part of any work day is probably three seconds long at most.
That is honestly not an exaggeration.
It is a view of Cinderella Castle that is only seen when riding the cast member VIP bus.
So guests to the magic kingdom sadly won't ever see it.
But it is such a beautiful shot of the castle I look forward to it every single day that I work.
And it's more then just a view of the castle.
Depending on the time of the day the castle will be a completely different color then the normal off white and blue.
I've seen it when it was bright magenta at six in the morning and dark purple at midnight.
It might be the sun that causes the color or just simply disney's magic at work, but in the end I don't really care.
Those few seconds are the best part of my day and it reminds me of where I currently am in the world.

Work is very tough at times.
The hours are extremely long and the conditions are burning hot.
I have multiple burns littering my arms.
And water evaporates and sweats from your body faster then you can drink it.
Orders come in seven at a time and don't stop.
At the end of every day all I want to do is sit down and not move.
Usually I'm successful, but there is also the need for a shower and food that get in the way.

Hopefully things get a little easier.

No comments:

Post a Comment