Saturday, September 18, 2010

Gold Coins

"Every mistake earns you a gold coin. By the time you leave school you will have a wealth of knowledge and you'll be able to take a gold coin out of your pocket and give it to someone by sharing your knowledge with them."
- Chef Elizabeth Briggs

Chef Briggs is my Product Knowledge professor.
I felt more at ease when she said that to us yesterday.
She is also a native of New Hampshire.
And I can tell that she too, along with all of my other professors, knows what she is talking about.
This is something she showed us that I found pretty interesting:
The CIA Annual Consumption.
Apples - 20,000 lbs.
Bananas - 30,000 lbs.
Celery - 16,000 bunches
Corn on the Cob - 1,900 ears
Lemons - 80,000 lbs.
Butter - 92,000 lbs.

My math teacher is Professor Dreesen, who is also very nice.
But it's math.
So for those who know me, they know I really could care less for the subject.
Hopefully this class will go quick.

My Writing teacher is Professor McMillan.
I love English.
I love writing.
I really love books.
I think I get this kind of appreciation from my mother.
This class isn't going to feel like a waste of time for me, which is nice
And I have it for 15 weeks!
I'm kinda excited.
But I hope she leans more in the creative direction with this and its not research paper after research paper.


In other news, I feel a little better then I did earlier.
I have nothing against being average, it's just that.... it's average.
I have found that going on walks, even just to check my mail, to be very therapeutic.

I want to see my parents tomorrow.
But I don't want to see them leave.

2 comments:

  1. Remember Ally. Whenever you are feeling average.

    www.mlia.com

    There's comfort in being average. ^_^

    Also, because I will know it will make you smile, I noticed 92,000 pounds of butter are used...what are the three secrets to French Cooking?

    Butter, butter and BUTTER!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I disagree with these posts I think you are extraordinary and I appreciate you so greatly. I always thought it was crazy that people said you'd meet people in college who you'd remember forever or be friends with forever but I hope that happens with you. You are the most amazing girl and I hope you rub off on me. =D
    Your beautiful Al, I love you! <3

    ReplyDelete