Friday, February 25, 2011

Wonder Beagle


You were the best company I ever had.
You were an amazing curer of loneliness.
I will miss you forever.
At least Grandpa gets to see you again.

I remember the night so clearly in my brain.
We still lived in Ohio
It was late and I was in bed.
Mommy just came home with you in her arms.
You were abandoned in the parking lot in front of her store.
You were a tiny puppy with big ears.
She set you right on top of my legs; waking me up.
You were beautiful.
We named you Katie Scarlett O'Hara.
Daddy said you deserved a good southern bell name.
Katie Scarlett O'Hara Ball.
Garbage Can.
You liked bones.
A lot.
You wore handkerchiefs
Your birthday was celebrated on July 4th.
Though you didn't really like fireworks.
Or any loud noises, actually.
You snored, just like Dad.
Green eyes, just like me.
Bed hog.
You liked pillows.
And Blankets.
And the couch.
But most of all, you loved sitting in the sun by the sliding glass door.
That was your spot.

I missed you a lot in class today.
Daddy called me, and I instantly knew what had happened before he even said anything.
Chef Corky Clark, one of the fish instructors, found me and helped me to health services.
He was so nice and kind to me.
Taylor David, a girl and friend from my class just so happened to be in health services at the same time.
I explained what happened and she made sure people didn't ask me what was wrong when I got back to class.
She is so nice.
I knew that I couldn't leave them in service.
They are my team and I had work to do.
Besides, leaving would make me think about it more.
At least I had something to sort of focus on.
The cooking made me a bit happier.
But once I stopped for only one second, I started thinking.
It was terrible.
The only way I could talk was through a whisper.
Or at least it felt like I was whispering.
It felt like everyone was looking at me but didn't look at me in the eye when I would look back.
But it's fine, I didn't want them too.
I was upset when I came home.
I sat on my bed and cried.
Morgan came in and asked me if I was okay.
It sounded loud.
I got very annoyed very quickly.
Obviously I wasn't.
I yelled.
Out of anger and distress.
 I don't like yelling at people, but I did.
And that upset me further.
Then Stephanie stuck up for me and they started yelling.
It just wasn't friendly
And I kept crying.
Stephanie gave me eclairs and said everything was going to be okay.
I believe her.
But I know it wont be for a little while.

I just feel tired.
My eyes hurt.
I miss you.

No comments:

Post a Comment