Sunday, April 1, 2012

Chores

Exhaustion (ex.haus.tion). noun. - extreme weakness or fatigue.

I don't know how I have managed to wake up every morning for this godforsaken class.
I amaze myself every day.

My current and final class of the year is Escoffier, the Classical French Restaurant on campus.
I hate it.
Because, I am not actually in the kitchen.

I have been assigned to "Family Meal", with two other partners.
I don't cook for customers, instead I cook for my classmates, for our lunch.
I get to be completely creative with what I make for lunch.
The problem is, the Escoffier kitchen is so tiny, that 19 students plus a TA and Chef can't actually all fit.
So, I have been exiled across the hall to another kitchen that used to be the home of an Cuisines of Asia class.
I happily get to use woks everyday, but all I really want is to be in class so I can feel like I'm part of the kitchen.
I feel like a Leper sometimes.
My class has merged with the class that was actually a block ahead of us because of the way scheduling worked out.
They are graduating in two weeks, the lucky ducks.
But they are people I don't know, but want to get to know, but can't because I'm never in the same area or room with them.

Why does my last kitchen class have to be a chore to go to every morning?
Why do I dread waking up in the morning to go to class?
It truly feels more like work then like class.
I don't like that.

The highlight of my day was getting an Easter card from my Grandmother.
It made me very very happy

"He whom you seek is risen". Matthew 28:5,6

No comments:

Post a Comment