Monday, March 21, 2011

Cook & Be Happy.

So I went with Stephanie to the Ferran Adria demo today.
I thought he was gonna do something cool with molecular gastronomy for us.
But they ended up just having a Q&A session.
It was interesting, but it was a bit of a let down.

I then left to go work K-16 for the other half of my Independent Study Day.
But lady luck seemed to smirk at me and I was sent home within the first fifteen minutes of being there due to there being too many people showing up to work.
I am pretty happy, I guess, but I did put up a bit of a fight to stay because I was already in the middle of switching into my "kitchen mindset".
Which sounds a bit strange that I need to be in a certain mindset to go to class.
But K-16, or any production kitchen, can really be that stressful.
It's a bit awkward knowing that some of my team members are still there and working without me.
But if I honestly wasn't needed then I'm alright with coming back to the room.
I would rather do that, then be in the way, you know?


“Cook and be happy, and let the consequences decide.”
- Ferran Adria

No comments:

Post a Comment