Tuesday, January 4, 2011

You Might As Well Be Walking On The Sun

When one first sees Chef Gerard Coyac he is an older soul with white hair.
When you hear him speak, it is very apparent that he is very french.
His accent is extremely thick, but luckily I can still understand him fine.

I was a little intimidated of him a first.
He had been teaching at school for like 20 years, I think he said.
And he is old, so that usually means that he is much more old world/school then other chefs here.
Not a bad thing, just old school.

My group and I made roasted chicken with a pan gravy, whipped potatoes, glazed carrots, and steamed broccoli.
So easy.
Overall, it was actually a pretty easy day.
I'm very tired.

Something exciting happened today.
During the dinner rush we had to plate as we got orders, obviously.
But I can't properly describe it.
The feeling I got when just plating food then passing it off to a student who ordered it.
Food that I made and they were eating it.
And I didn't know them or was related to them in any way.
It was a good feeling.
Even though it was just skills 3 dinner food.
It doesn't matter.


Food for thought:
Is creative writing productive, even though I'm technically supposed to do homework?
I mean, I'm getting something done right?

1 comment:

  1. If me reading my book that does not have a damn thing to do with any culinary of any kind is productive (which it is because I say so and I enjoy it) then your creative writing is DEFF productive.

    ReplyDelete