Tuesday, January 25, 2011

Blame It On The Coleslaw..

When I was younger, I hated coleslaw.
It tasted, looked, and smelled funny.
I attribute it to my childhood taste buds.
I couldn't understand why my dad would always eat it.
Raw cabbage?
No thank you.
Thankfully my taste buds changed, just like mom always said they would when I was younger.
I love coleslaw now.


Today was my first day in Cuisines of The Americas.
Every two days the region we will be studying and cooking about will change.
Today (and tomorrow!) was New England Cuisine
I was on Salt-Cod Cakes with Kathryn Woodliff, who I actually haven't worked with or spoken to a lot before today, and they were amazingly good.
The Cod Cakes that Kathryn pan-fried was accompanied by a Remoulade Sauce and a side of Coleslaw, both of which I made.
Chef complimented me infront of the entire class and said it was the best tasting coleslaw he had ever had at CIA.
Oh my goodness..
Cue blush and humbled smile.

This is exactly what I needed to happen today because Saige, one of my partners, twisted her knee while skiing this weekend and now has to "X" out of class because she will have to heal properly.
I was very upset to hear that she was in pain and that I was without my partner and friend that I had been with since Skills 1.

But unfortunately hungry customers where coming and I either was going to drown under the pressure or swim.
Thankfully I swam.
And made a very good slaw while doing it.
Hopefully I'll be able to repeat it tomorrow.

No comments:

Post a Comment