Monday, March 5, 2012

May The Road Rise Up To Meet You.

So I'm done with back of the house Caterina.
I was getting really bored and lonely with what I was doing so I'm glad to be out of there now!
Now I am in front of the house Caterina where I am a server.
Our first day was on friday for some reason, so we all got a taste of what it was going to be like in the coming three weeks.
I am excited for front of the house because I really like interacting with people and having that fulfilling feeling of making someone's dining experience the best I can make it.

Dad, Stephen and I all hung out on Saturday up in Troy.
I really missed them a lot, and sadly, it made me very homesick.
But I am also torn with the thought of leaving school.
I've made some really good friendships here now and I don't want to leave that.
I do have nine weeks, but I know they will be gone within the blink of an eye.

On Saturday we went to Barnes & Noble and Stephen bought a book for me that I had actually heard about a few months ago.
It's about a little boy who comes from a religious family (his father is a pastor of a Protestant church in Nebraska). When the little boy was about 3, his appendix burst and he almost died. Though the book is told from his father's prospective, the little boy tells his parents about actually visiting Heaven during his operation and meeting Jesus and God and describing in great detail what he saw.
His parents are of course very skeptical, but when he mentions people he met there and events that had happened to his parents (both when he was in Heaven and also past events which he didn't know of yet because of his age) they start to believe him and ask him questions about his experience.
One of the experiences which was my favorite was that he met his paternal great grandfather, "Pop" (who died in a car accident in the 70s at 61). Hearing this from his son, the father was in shock. When he asked the boy to describe Pop, he mostly described what he was wearing (robes and a sash) and that he had very large wings; also adding that when the boy was there personally, he had very tiny wings. The father decided to show a picture of Pop to the boy to show the boy how he remembered Pop. The boy did not recognize the man in the picture saying that no one in Heaven is old and they don't wear glasses.
This got the father thinking, if no one is old in Heaven, maybe a younger Pop was who the boy met. The father called up his mother and asked if she had any older photo. She sent them and the father showed the boy the pictures. Without even the father saying who the young man was in the photo (a photo the boy had never seen before) the boy said "How did you get a picture of Pop!?")

The book is called "Heaven Is For Real" by Todd Burpo

I like thinking about what Heaven looks like, so this book really did that for me.
And the thought of seeing Grandpa as a young man makes me very happy.


"And God said, 'Let there be light', and there was light." Genesis 1:3

No comments:

Post a Comment