Tuesday, February 7, 2012

Mt. Stressmore

I am so stressed out.
Wines is going alright, but it could be better.
The amount of information is hard to process sometimes.
My retention is not where it should be and that is mainly due to the time restrictions of absorbing all of this material in such a short time.
I've had two tests so far, both which have been average scores for me.
I was truly thinking about taking the Advanced Wines Class during my Bachelors program next fall, but I need a B- or better to get into that class.
As of right now, I'm not sure I will quite make it.
That specific fate will be decided on how well I score on my final and how well I did my Restaurant Review.

Oh yeah! I forgot to talk about my Restaurant Review.
My class and I were treated to a luncheon, hosted by our professor Michael Weiss, in Caterina de Medici (our Italian "Family Style" restaurant on campus).
It was a three course lunch with two wines paired with each course plus a toasting sparkling wine.
So seven wines we all got to drink.
Even for the underage classmates, because it was for educational purposes!

The review was basically asking us which wine was our favorite for each course, how it paired with the food, and two alternative wines we could choose for that course.
I had no problem with being assigned this project, because let's face it: I got to drink seven free glasses of wine.
What other college student my age, gets to say that they got to drink seven different wines just to write one paper?

And on top of all this news, for my first restaurant for Restaurant Row, I have been assigned:
Drum Roll!!!

The AM Caterina de Medici!
Which is exactly what I wanted!
Yay for Allyson!!

I have a tour of Caterina on Thursday, which is also the same day as my Wines Final
My first day/class in the kitchen is on Friday.
I rescheduled my costing exam for Feb 21th.
My 5th Term Cooking Practical is in March (6th? I don't know..)

Lots of important and stressful things coming up soon!

Please send all you love and good vibes to:
Allyson Ball
Box # 1978
1946 Campus Drive
Hyde Park, NY 12538

I would really appreciate it.

No comments:

Post a Comment