Thursday, September 1, 2011

My Rights And Wrongs.

I've always been fascinated by human interaction.
To see why they do the things they do and the choices that they make.
To be plain, I just love learning about what makes a person "tick".

But then comes the confusing part.
When a person's actions and choices go against morals and manners that have been ingrained in my soul since I was a little girl.
The balance of understanding I have to find, is not always easy and clear to locate.
Am I making sense?

When I was small, I was taught my rights and wrongs.
I was told what was acceptable and expected of me and what wasn't.
But most importantly, I was taught how to treat people.
I know for a fact that "treating others the way you would like to be treated" is not just unique to the Ten Commandments.
It spans across all religions and countries.
Having respect for people does not require a spoken language.
It is an ingrained behavior that we learn when we are very young.
And yet, there are people out there that are still so rude, self-centered, and don't treat people right.
It boggles my mind.
I was taught as a kid, if you don't have anything nice to say, don't say anything.
But people ignore this concept on a daily basis.
I don't understand why.
I'm no Saint here.
I've done and said things I shouldn't have before.
But I make a valiant effort not to because I don't like being mistreated myself, so I won't do it to others.

I think if everyone just did what they said and said what they meant, the world would be a much better place.
If you just take out all the negative comments and mean gestures, people would be so much more receptive to each other.
I don't understand why people do the things they do sometimes.
Don't they realize that it's not okay?
Doesn't a buzzer or alarm go off in their conscience telling them right from wrong?
I guess it is just exclusive to me.

No comments:

Post a Comment