Wednesday, August 25, 2010

The Start Of Something Great.

My name is Allyson.
But I go by Ally.
I'm 18 years old and I have just arrived at college.
This is the first time I have been away from my parents.
And I'm already a little homesick.

College is different.
I am completely on my own.
I decide when to eat, sleep and study.
Not that I didn't already do that at home but I always had a parent coming home a few hours after I got home from school.
So I never really felt alone.
But this is different.
I am alone.
Along with other students, who are alone.
I wonder if this homesickness thing is just effecting me?

I'm a little nervous.
It's almost like I don't know what to do with myself.
I keep hoping to see a familiar face within my group of freshman classmates,
But all I see are the people I have met three days ago.
It's surprising how much I miss my friends when just a few weeks ago I was counting down the days until I arrived here.

So the point of this blog is to document my time at college and all the trials and tribulations that will come with it.
I don't know how many people will read this.
I don't know how may people will relate or find this useful.
But in the end I don't think I care.


I am attending the Culinary Institute of America.
It has been my dream to come here since I was nine years old.

No comments:

Post a Comment