Saturday, December 8, 2012

Make Someone Happy

I'm getting better.
I'm starting to feel happy again.
It's a slow healing process and at times I still feel a tad awkward with certain things.
But this week has been steadily getting better and better everyday.

I think I forgot who I was.
And who I wanted to be.
I think I forgot to love myself.
I forgot to focus on things that made me happy and focused on things that didn't.
I started to become someone I promised myself I wouldn't become again.
Someone pessimistic and sad.

But that has stopped now, before any lasting damage could really be made.
I can't compromise my happiness again.
I can't be pessimistic.
I believe it goes against my nature as a person, I just can't handle it.
I think I'm entitled to at least that much.
Because realistically, if I am unhappy, how could I possibly make someone else be happy too?

I'll be okay.
This "healing" thing is taking its time.
But if it was fast, then how could it be effective for me?
And I'm still sad in certain ways.

But I can feel myself becoming happy again.
Everyday that fact is becoming more and more apparent to me.


I have been listening to this song on repeat for the past day and a half.



1 comment: