Wednesday, February 27, 2013

This Too Shall Pass

"Happiness can be found even in the darkest of times, if one only remembers to turn on the light." - Steven Kloves (screenplay writer)

Words I need to live a little closer to.

I'm not even that upset.
Just disappointed.
I was having a good time and feeling really good about myself.
I still feel good about myself.
I'm just disappointed with the situation and result.
I'm not sure about the next step.
Or where I should go from here.
I'm feeling awkward and uneasy.

I go after the things I want and I don't wait around or beat around the bush.
I've done enough of that in the past and I refuse to do it anymore.
But it's exhausting to do all the work.
Is it bad to say that I don't want to do all the work anymore?

I'll be cheery again by morning.
I can already feel it starting.
I need a milkshake, stat.
And new shoes and a new dress.
Those would be nice.

No comments:

Post a Comment